Microstructure of Ferrous Alloys
Want to learn about all of the common constituents found in irons and steels?
The webinar defines and illustrates with multiple examples all of the common constituents found in irons and steels: grain boundaries (ferrite, austenite and prior-austenite), ferrite, acicular ferrite, delta ferrite, austenite, retained austenite, pearlite, bainite (upper and lower), martensite (lath and plate), cementite and spheroidized cementite, and alloy carbides. It also illustrates the eutectic and eutectoid reactions, Ledeburite, Steadite, flake and nodular graphite, banding segregation, dendrites, slip and mechanical twinning. Differences between ingot cast versus powder metallurgy alloys are also illustrated.
Topics covered include:
• Specimen Preparation and Etchants
• As-Cast Microstructures of Steel and Cast Iron
• Wrought Microstructures of Steels
• Powder Metallurgy Produced Steels
• Examples of Diffusion Controlled Phases and Constituents
• Martensite – Product of Diffusionless Athermal
• Examples of Other Constituents in Steel
Time and place
- Add to calendar